You’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but aren’t sure where to start. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Top Mattress Height For Platform Bed
Keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while making our top picks. Our goal is that all users will be able discover not only an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each bed We’d like to talk an overview of how we came to select the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, running every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Each mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those costly models, but at lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to change positions on any model, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one (or both) is an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need to worry about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top recognizable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams that provide adequate support for 2 persons. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. Also, you can look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example, it’s the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful comfort punch without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is built of 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below the back, which will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the entire structure which makes it an ideal option for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be in a position to find the right bed for their preferences. All of the options have strong edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should also consider cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, similar to latex in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings onto the customer. This is what makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support which allows you to spread to the very end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the region) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from a comfortable layer of memory foam infused by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow, which could help in recovering. The Bear the perfect choice for anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle in your Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain in their lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines a tandem consisting of poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top mattress. In addition they’ll feel a bit of a hug by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat the way traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be beneficial to assist you in moving it into your house (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that will help cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known for the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may need to put a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
For feel In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that helps keep the spine balanced position and helps prevent back pain. Actually, the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only option that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and give you some refreshing pressure relief while your hips feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable and, as an additional feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these features will help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel, you may want to look elsewhere.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is composed of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support both sides of the bed and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my recommendations based on the type of body as well as age, sleep positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end alternatives in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips aligned to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their feeling is different. Find the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often made with eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these mattresses. Check out the best latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! The top adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the top air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease different types of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses for under 1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping a low temperature at night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to look at the best soft mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) require a mattress that provides extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website for top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for seniors to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to choose one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas including mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling options and other requirements that couples might consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex can browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress Height For Platform Bed FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at all price points! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the life of an old mattress for some time by putting on the mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to take a look at its warranty. This will also provide you with an idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight throughout the night and can ease some of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive choice, look through our list of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for side sleepers particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress Height For Platform Bed