You’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but have no idea where to begin. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress Foundation For Memory Foam
Remember that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. Our hope is that most users will be able find not just an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds We’d like to talk some details about the process we used to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products in our mattress lab, putting every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating based on materials as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also consider brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of expensive models, but at lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feeling that is suitable for a variety of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers will be most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model, while side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to easily shift positions with any model, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either (or both) are an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top well-known brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two people. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress with a significant relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed of 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel intense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time, the Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the structure, making it a great option for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm version and most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for their needs. All models have solid edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples should be aware of cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off more body heat than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings onto the customer. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, permitting you to spread all the way to the very end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the location) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale it is a Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a shape from the comfortable layer of memory foam infused by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and might help in recovering. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with Bear Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain in the lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll receive a squeeze by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to help you with moving it into your house (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that will to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws body heat away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also has the gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known by the “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material that assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
For feel In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine within a balanced position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is solid that it can be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable, and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel up top. These features should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel, you may want to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide a mixture of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports on the edges of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my recommendations based on the type of body and age, sleeping position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end choices in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They often have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support and their feeling differs widely. Check out the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. They are the most favored kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the top mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these beds. Look over the top latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper overnight! Some of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses for under $1,000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest a Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our roundup of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a look at the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed with additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose a mattress for your body type check out our website for best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for seniors to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleeping needs too! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to pick one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as beds with impressive edges, cool features as well as other features that couples could be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex can look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress Foundation For Memory Foam FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your personal budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses available in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress that is old for some time by putting on the mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to look over its warranty. This will give you a good idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is best for their back. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night and can ease many of the discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider choice, go through our selection of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for side sleepers particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress Foundation For Memory Foam