If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but aren’t sure where to begin. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Youth
Remember that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what works for one person may not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top picks. Our hope is that most users will be able discover not only”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you some details about the method we used to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses, running every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here is rated 4 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more costly models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feeling that is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions, while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to easily shift positions with any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) are an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need to worry about sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely well-known brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams, providing adequate support for 2 people. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a serious quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed by using 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the hips and shoulders.
However the Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath the back, which should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the structure, making it a great option for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model and most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for their needs. All models have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has an naturally cool, similar to latex in the cushion layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings to the consumer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that will provide enough support. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, permitting you to spread until the very end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support from its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness, the Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from the comfort layer of memory foam infused by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and might help in recovering. It makes Bear the perfect choice for those who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle in the Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain in their lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation consisting of poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the bed. In addition they’ll receive a squeeze from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat the way traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to assist you in getting it in your home (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that will help cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. The mattress has cooling technology to draw body heat away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known by its “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority their mattresses. Also made with a Phase Change Material which assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, so you may prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
For feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It is a combination of soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping your spine within a healthy alignment and prevents back issues. In fact, the support is so sturdy that it might also be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only option to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and allow you to get some relief from pressure while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these features will assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support both sides of the bed as well as the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on your body type as well as age, sleep position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality options in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel varies widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a popular type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these beds. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper all night! Some of the top adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our review of best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest an innerspring, Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is crucial to keep the temperature low during the night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our roundup of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to look at the top soft mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) require a mattress that provides extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress that suits your body check out our website for best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for seniors to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific sleep needs, too! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas including beds that have impressive edges, cool features as well as other features that couples might consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex should look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Youth FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the lifespan of an old mattress for a few months by adding an mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to check its warranty, which will give you an idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
The majority of people with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate some of the discomfort. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider selection, they can always go through our selection of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Youth