You’re looking to buy a brand new bed but don’t know where to start. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Your Pets
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what works for one person may not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of different categories when making our top choices. Our hope is that most folks should be able to get not only an “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you some details about the process we used to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, putting every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those expensive models, but at lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feeling that is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to change positions on any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only issue with its springy nature is that it creates fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or the other are a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top notable names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two persons. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. It’s also possible to look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example, the Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a serious comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is made with 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be able to find a bed that works for them. All of the options have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling similar to latex in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for a mattress that will provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out until the very end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the area) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness it is a Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from a comfort layer of memory foam coated by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl up on your Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain at their lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation consisting of poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the bed. At the same time, they’ll get a little touch of comfort by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat like traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to assist in the process of getting it in your house (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that will help cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority their mattresses. Also made with the Phase Change Material, it helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, and you might prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers a balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It combines soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping your spine within a balanced alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is so solid that it can be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only suitable position for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable and as an added touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel on top. All of these features will help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel like memory foam. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling then you might want to reconsider your options.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up on the edges of the bed and also the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based on body type and age, sleeping position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for back, stomach and combination sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their feeling varies widely. Check out the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the best memory foam mattresses to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using green Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these mattresses. Look over the best latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers all night! Some of the top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of the best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that reduces the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be important for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our list of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a look at the most comfortable mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress that provides an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress for your body type go to our site for top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for older people to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleep needs, too! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as beds with impressive edges, cool features and other requirements that couples might be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Your Pets FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your own budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress a few months by adding an mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to check the warranty. It will also provide you with a good idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for their back. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease many of the back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger range, look through our list of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses in this list will be ideal for those who sleep on their sides, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Your Pets