So you’re in the market for a new mattress but don’t know what to look for. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Your Buck
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
That’s why we have a variety of subjects in our mind while presenting our top picks. Our goal is that all people will be able to find not just an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each bed, we’d like to share a little bit about the method we used to select them.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses, running every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but for an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers will be most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to quickly shift positions with any model, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you is a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams, providing adequate support for 2 persons. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. You can also check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a powerful quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is made with 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the mattress which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm option which means that most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for their preferences. All models have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce more body heat than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, similar to latex in its comfort layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings onto the customer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out until the end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from the cushion of comfort foam that’s infused with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and might help in the recovery process. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl up with your Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines the combination consisting of poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the bed. In addition they’ll receive a squeeze from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat the way traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be beneficial to help you with moving it into your home (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that will to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known for their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many mattress models. Also made with the Phase Change Material which assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it nice and snug.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It blends soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine in a balanced position and helps prevent back pain. Actually, the support is so solid that it can be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home in the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable and, as an additional bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel on over the top. All of these features will assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel, you may want to reconsider your options.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders slide into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports on the edges of the bed and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon the type of body and age, sleeping posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality choices in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam and their feeling differs widely. Check out the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the best memory foam mattress to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these beds. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers all night! The best adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our review of the best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that reduces the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest an innerspring, latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is important to keep the temperature low in the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our list of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a glance at top soft mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) need a bed that offers extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick a mattress for your body type, visit our page to find the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for seniors to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique sleep needs, too! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples, as well as beds with impressive edges, cool features as well as other features that couples might consider.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Your Buck FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your own budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress several months by putting on a mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to check the warranty. It will give you an idea of how long it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for their back. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight during the night as well as help ease some of the pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive choice, go through our selection of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be a great match for those who sleep on their sides particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Your Buck