So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed, but don’t know where to start. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Young Athletes
Remember that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things from a bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while we made our top picks. Our goal is that all users will be able get not only an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each bed We’d like to talk an overview of how we came to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses, running every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of costly models, but at lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feel that should be suitable for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers will be the most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to change positions on any model, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one or both of you are the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top well-known names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 persons. Although this can cause some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a serious relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for side sleepers. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
However, the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the entire structure and makes it a fantastic option for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm version, so most couples should be in a position to find the bed that is right for their preferences. Each of them has sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should be aware of cooling when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off more body heat than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings onto the customer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread to the end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the area) to ease aches and pains, especially in your back.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness, the Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s infused by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. The Bear an ideal choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with your Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure in their lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses the combination consisting of poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. At the same time they’ll feel a squeeze by the foam memory.
The memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be beneficial to assist in the process of getting it in your home (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that can help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also comes with the gel memory foam that, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is well-known by its “Ghost Ice” cover for many their mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material, it helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, and you might need to put a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which helps keep the spine neutral alignment and prevents back issues. In fact, the support is so solid that it can be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only option for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, while your hips are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable, and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on over the top. All of these features will aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to look elsewhere.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders slide into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are made to keep the user cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support on the edges of the bed and also the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based on your body type as well as age, sleep position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end alternatives in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combo sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling is different. Find the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the top memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these beds. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper all night! Some of the top adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of the top air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price, take a look at the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our top mattresses for under $1,000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our roundup of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to glance at best soft mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress with an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick the best mattress that suits your body go to our site to find the top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for older people to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific sleeping needs as well! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling features and other requirements that couples might consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Young Athletes FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the life of a mattress that is old for several months by using a mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to take a look at the warranty. It can also give you an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for their back. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease a lot of pain. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger selection, they can always look through our list of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses in this list will be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Young Athletes