You’re looking of a mattress, but aren’t sure where to begin. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Wooden Slats
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what’s best for one person may not work for another.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when making our top choices. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to find not just an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each bed We’d like to talk an overview of how we came to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab. We’ve put each one through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating based on materials and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but at lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable for a variety of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to switch positions on any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either (or both) are the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top well-known names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, which creates enough support for two persons. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance, the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a serious quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is built of 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
In addition the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the entire structure, making it a great pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm option and most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for them. All models have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings on to customers. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out all the way to the very end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the region) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially on your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness, the Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a shape from a cushion of comfort foam infused with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. It makes Bear a great fit for anyone who is active.
If you’re eager to curl up on your Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain in the lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines a tandem consisting of poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the bed. At the same time they’ll receive a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be beneficial to assist you in getting it in your home (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that will to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam that as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is known for the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some mattress models. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material, it aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It blends soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that helps keep the spine balanced position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure and your hips should feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel on over the top. All of these features will aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips slide into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are made to keep the user comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports both sides of the bed and also the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based on the type of body and age, sleeping position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality options in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam, and their feel is different. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the most comfortable memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Take a look at the top latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper overnight! Some of the top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price, take a look at the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under $1000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our roundup of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a look at the top soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed with additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select the best mattress for your body type go to our site to find the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for older people to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to select one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples, as well as beds that have impressive edge support, cooling features, and other needs that couples may consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Wooden Slats FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress some time by using the mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to look over the warranty. It will also provide you with an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight and can ease some of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive range, go through our selection of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses on this list should be a great match for side sleepers, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Wooden Slats