You’re looking for a new mattress, but aren’t sure where to start. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Van Life
Remember that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
We kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while we made our top choices. Our goal is that all users will be able get not only”the “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each bed we’d like to tell you a little bit about the method we used to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products through our bed lab. We’ve put each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also take into account the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we took each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you must look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of expensive models, but at lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to quickly change positions on any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one or both of you is an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most well-known names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 people. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. Also, you can check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a powerful quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is made with 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
In addition, the Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath the back, which will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the structure and makes it a fantastic option for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model and most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for their needs. Each of them has sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every twist and turn.
Couples should be aware of cooling when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off more body heat than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This makes the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more), then you need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread to the edge to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the area) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness, the Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from the cushion of comfort foam that’s filled by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow and might help in recovering. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up on Bear Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain at the lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses the combination with memory foam and poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the bed. While at the same time they’ll receive a squeeze from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to assist you in getting it in your home (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material, it assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it could be slippery, and you might want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat helps keep the spine balanced alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only option for this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable, and as an added touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on top. These features should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up on the edges of the mattress, and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on the type of body as well as age, sleep posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support, and their feel differs widely. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these mattresses. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper all night! Some of the best adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that reduces the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under 1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest a Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be important to keep the temperature low in the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our list of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) require a mattress that offers an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick the right mattress for your body type, visit our page for top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for seniors to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique sleeping needs as well! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool options as well as other features that couples might be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Van Life FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress several months by using a mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to look over its warranty, which can also give you a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for their back. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night and can ease some of the back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive choice, look through our list of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses in this list will be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Van Life