If you’re looking for a new mattress but don’t know where to begin. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Upper Back And Neck Pain
Remember that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we have a variety of different categories when we made our top choices. Our goal is that all folks should be able to discover not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you a little bit about how we came to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every last mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those expensive models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to quickly change positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one or the other are a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely notable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams that provide enough support for two people. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is made by using 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the entire structure which makes it an ideal option for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for their preferences. All of the options have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings onto the customer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out to the edge to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a shape from a comfort layer of memory foam infused with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow and could aid in recovering. It makes Bear the perfect choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up with the Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure in their lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation consisting of poly foam, with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the mattress. At the same time they’ll feel a bit of a hug by the foam memory.
The memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat like traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to assist in the process of moving it into your home (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that can help keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. It also has the gel memory foam which, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is famous as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material, it assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
For feel in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which helps keep your spine within a balanced alignment and prevents back issues. In fact, the support is so solid that it can be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and give you some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable and, as an additional touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel on the top. These features should aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is composed of not two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the former being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support both sides of the bed and also the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on body type as well as age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for back, stomach and combination sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their feeling differs widely. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeper. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Look over the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these mattresses. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the top adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the the best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price check out the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses for under $1000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is essential for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our list of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to glance at best soft mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) need a bed that provides additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the right mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website for top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older adults to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleeping needs as well! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas including beds with impressive edges, cool options, and other needs that couples could be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Upper Back And Neck Pain FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found at all price points! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for some time by using the mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to look over the warranty. It will also provide you with a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress for back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease some of the pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive choice, go through our selection of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Upper Back And Neck Pain