You’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but have no idea where to start. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Under 400
Remember that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we have a variety of subjects in our mind while presenting our top picks. Our hope is that most people will be able to find not just”the “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you an overview of the method we used to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products in our mattress lab. We’ve put each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress listed here is rated 4/5 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but for a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers should be most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions, while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to change positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it creates fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you is an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most well-known names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 persons. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. It’s also possible to check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a powerful comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed by using 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
At the same time the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the mattress which makes it an ideal option for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm version which means that most couples will be in a position to find the right bed for them. Each of them has strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies emit more body heat than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings on to customers. This makes the Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread all the way to the edge to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the location) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale it is a Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with a comfort layer of memory foam filled by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow and might help in the recovery process. The Bear a great fit for those who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl up with the Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain in their lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation consisting of poly foam and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the bed. In addition they’ll receive a squeeze by the foam memory.
The memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat like traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be beneficial to assist you in the move into your home (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that will help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress features cooling technology to draw body heat away from the sleeper.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is well-known by their “Ghost Ice” cover for many mattress models. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material that assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, and you might need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it neat and secure.
For feel in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine within a neutral alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is solid that it can be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only option to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, while your hips still feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable, and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up the top. All of these traits should aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling, you may want to look elsewhere.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up the sides of the mattress, and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based upon body type and age, sleeping position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam and their feeling is different. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeper. They are the most favored kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using green Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these beds. Look over the top latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper all night! A few of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our best mattresses under $1000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest one of the following: Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to look at the best soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress that provides an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select the right mattress that suits your body, visit our page for best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older people to find one that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique sleeping needs as well! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples including mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool options as well as other features that couples might take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex are able to look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Under 400 FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses available in every price range! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for some time by adding a mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to look over its warranty. This will give you an idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for them. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate a lot of back pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider choice, go through our selection of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Under 400