If you’re looking for a new mattress, but aren’t sure what to look for. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Under 1000 Dollars
Remember that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what works for one person will not work for another.
That’s why we kept a wide range of different categories when presenting our top picks. Our hope is that most folks should be able to find not just the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds, we’d like to share some details about the method we used to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, running every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating according to the materials used and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every mattress on this list is rated 4/5 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but at an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feel that should be a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to easily shift positions with any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it causes fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) is the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top well-known brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two persons. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example, it’s the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress with a significant comfort punch without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed by using 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the structure, making it a great choice for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm option which means that most couples will be able to find the right bed for their needs. Each of them has strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should be aware of cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This is what makes the Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over), then you need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out all the way to the edge in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the region) to ease aches and pains, especially for back pain.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from the cushion of comfort foam that’s filled by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. It makes Bear an ideal choice for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with Bear Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain at their lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the bed. In addition, they’ll get a little squeeze from the memory foam.
The memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat as the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be beneficial to help you with getting it in your home (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that can help to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam, which as well as being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material, it assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, so you may want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It combines soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that helps keep the spine healthy alignment and prevents back issues. Actually, the support is so solid that it can be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable for this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and give you some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable, and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on top. All of these features will assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are made to keep the user comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support the sides of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon the type of body as well as age, sleep positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end options in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support and their feeling differs widely. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using green Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these beds. Look over the best latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper all night! A few of the best adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our roundup of the the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price consider looking at the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses for under 1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a look at the best soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) require a mattress that offers extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick the best mattress that suits your body, visit our page for the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for older adults to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own sleep needs, too! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to pick one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for some examples and mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling features as well as other features that couples could be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex are able to check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Under 1000 Dollars FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses available in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress that is old for several months by putting on an mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to take a look at the warranty. It will give you an idea of how long it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for them. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease many of the back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive choice, look through our list of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses on this list should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Under 1000 Dollars