If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed but have no idea where to start. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Tweens
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what’s best for one person may not work for another.
We kept a wide range of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. Our goal is that all people will be able to find not just the “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each bed We’d like to talk some details about the process we used to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products in our mattress lab, running every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also consider brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feel , which is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to change positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one or the other are the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top notable brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, providing enough support for two persons. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a powerful comfort punch without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed by using 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel intense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the entire structure which makes it an ideal option for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm option, so most couples should be in a position to find a bed that works for their needs. All models have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should be aware of cooling when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings onto the customer. This makes the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out until the very end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the area) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale, the Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little shape from a comfortable layer of memory foam coated by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow and might help in the recovery process. This makes the Bear a great fit for those who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on your Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain at low back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses the combination with memory foam and poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the bed. While at the same time they’ll feel a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat like traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to help you with getting it in your home (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that can help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam which, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is known for its “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority mattress models. It is also made of the Phase Change Material that helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, which is why you may prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
For feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine in a balanced alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable for the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable, and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel up the top. These features should assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a receptive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling then you might want to consider a different bed.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are made to keep the user cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they get that mix of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that holds up both sides of the mattress, and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon your body type as well as age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of support and pressure relief to keep their spines straight, and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality options in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their feeling varies widely. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the top mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these beds. Look over the best latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper all night! Some of the top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the top air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest a mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our list of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a glance at top soft mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that offers additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page for best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for seniors to find one that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique sleep needs, too! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas, as well as beds with impressive edges, cool features, and other needs that couples might consider.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Tweens FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the life of a mattress several months by putting on an mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at the warranty. It will also provide you with an idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress for back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for them. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night and can ease some of the discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider selection, they can always go through our selection of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for side sleepers especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Tweens