You’re looking to buy a brand new bed but have no idea where to begin. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Tummy Sleepers
Keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while we made our top picks. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to find not just an “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each bed, we’d like to share an overview of the process we used to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score based on materials as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also take into account brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we took each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress on this list is rated 4 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you must look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those expensive models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feel , which is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to shift positions with any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one (or both) is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely notable names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 people. While this also results in some bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. It’s also possible to check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress with a significant quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is made by using 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm option, so most couples should be in a position to find the bed that is right for them. All models have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies emit more body heat than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has the naturally cooling latex-like foam in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will provide enough support. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread to the very end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the area) to ease aches and pains, especially for back pain.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale, the Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from a cushion of comfort foam that’s coated with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and might help in recovering. The Bear an ideal choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl in the Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the relief from pressure in their lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses a tandem of memory foam, poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top bed. While at the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug by the foam memory.
The memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to help you with moving it into your house (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that can help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also has a layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is known as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material, it assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, so you may prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it neat and secure.
In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine within a balanced position and helps prevent back pain. Actually, the support is so robust that it could be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But it’s not the only option that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and give you some relief from the pressure, and your hips should are supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable, and as an added feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. These features should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for an optimum blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports the sides of the bed and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on your body type, age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support and their comfort is different. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the top memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper all night! A few of the top adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our roundup of the top air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost, take a look at the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for a Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is essential for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our list of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to review of the most comfortable mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) need a bed that offers additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress for your body type, visit our page for the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for seniors to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific sleep needs, as well! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas, as well as beds with impressive edges, cool options, and other needs that couples may consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex should browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Tummy Sleepers FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress some time by using the mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to take a look at its warranty. This will also provide you with a good idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is best for their back. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease some of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive choice, go through our selection of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Tummy Sleepers