You’re looking of a mattress but aren’t sure where to begin. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For The Elderly
Remember that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what works for one person may not work for another.
That’s why we kept a wide range of different categories when making our top choices. Our hope is that most people will be able to discover not only an “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you an overview of the process we used to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses, putting every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score according to the materials used, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feeling that is an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers will be most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model. While side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to quickly change positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other is an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top recognizable brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates enough support for two persons. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. You can also check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example, the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress with a significant relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is made with 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for side sleepers. You should also feel intense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm option, so most couples should be capable of finding the right bed for their preferences. Each of them has strong edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature, which has the naturally cooling latex-like foam in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This makes the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need a mattress that will provide enough support. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread to the end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the location) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness it is a Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from a comfort layer of memory foam that’s filled by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow and might help in recovering. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up on the Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure in their lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the mattress. In addition, they’ll get a little squeeze due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat as traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be a good idea to assist in the process of moving it into your home (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that will cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleepers.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover on many their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material that helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, so you may prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
For feel in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs a combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It is a combination of soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that helps keep your spine in a healthy alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only option for the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and, as an additional bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. These features should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are made to keep the user comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also like the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support both sides of the bed, and also the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based on the type of body, age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam, and their feel is different. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeping person. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these mattresses. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price consider looking at the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our list of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) require a mattress that offers additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the right mattress that suits your body go to our site for the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for older adults to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to pick one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas, as well as beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling options, and other needs that couples might consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex are able to check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For The Elderly FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at all price points! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the lifespan of an old mattress for a few months by putting on a mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to look over the warranty. It will give you a good idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for them. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight throughout the night and can ease many of the back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger range, look through our list of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be a great match for side sleepers especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For The Elderly