You’re looking of a mattress but aren’t sure where to begin. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Teens
Keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we kept a wide range of different categories when we made our top choices. We hope that the majority of people will be able to get not only an “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each of these beds, we’d like to share an overview of the method we used to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab, running every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also take into account brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every last mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of costly models, but for lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel that should be an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model. While side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to easily switch positions on any model, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one or both of you are a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top recognizable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 people. This also causes some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress with a significant comfort punch without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the hips and shoulders.
In addition, the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the entire structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option, so most couples should be capable of finding the right bed for their needs. All of the options have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off more body heat than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling similar to latex in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread until the very end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale, the Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with the comfort layer of memory foam infused by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. The Bear the perfect choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on your Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain in the lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of a tandem of memory foam, poly foam and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top bed. While at the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat like traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to help you with getting it in your house (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that will keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleeping.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam which, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known by the “Ghost Ice” cover for some mattress models. Also made with a Phase Change Material which assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it is a little slippery, which is why you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
For feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It is a combination of soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine in a balanced alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is so sturdy that it might also be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable for this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable and as an added touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel up the top. All of these features will help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports on the edges of the bed, as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my recommendations based on body type and age, sleeping position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their feeling is different. Check out the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Look over the top memory foam mattress to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these beds. Look over the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers overnight! Some of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease different types of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with an innerspring, latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be essential to keep the temperature low in the night.
- My top breathable beds in our roundup of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a glance at most comfortable mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that offers an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress for your body type check out our website to find the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for older adults to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleep needs, too! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples, as well as beds with impressive Edge support and cooling features and other requirements that couples could consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex are able to check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Teens FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the life of an old mattress for some time by adding the mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to take a look at its warranty. This will also provide you with an idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
The majority of people with back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for their back. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate some of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider choice, look through our list of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses on this list should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Teens