You’re looking for a new mattress but aren’t sure where to begin. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Teen
Remember that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things from their bed, so what works for one person may not work for another.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when we made our top choices. Our goal is that all folks should be able to discover not only the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each of these beds, we’d like to share a little bit about the method we used to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab, running every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress on this list is rated 4 out of 5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those costly models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel that should be a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to switch positions on any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one or both of you are an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most recognizable brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two people. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. You can also check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example, the Nectar mattress is a great value buy with a significant quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed of 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
However the Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below the back, which should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the entire structure which makes it an ideal option for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model, so most couples should be capable of finding the right bed for their needs. All models have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit more body heat than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has the naturally cooling similar to latex in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This makes the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for a mattress that will provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread to the very end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the region) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale, the Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from the comfortable layer of memory foam coated by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. This makes the Bear a great fit for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl in the Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the relief from pressure in their lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of the combination with memory foam and poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the mattress. While at the same time, they’ll get a little touch of comfort by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat as the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to assist you in moving it into your house (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that will cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is well-known by their “Ghost Ice” cover on many mattress models. It is also made of the Phase Change Material, it helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, and you might want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine within a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. Actually, the support is so sturdy that it might also be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on top. All of these features will assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up the sides of the bed, as well as the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my recommendations based on the type of body, age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality choices in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam and their feeling is different. Find the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the best memory foam mattresses to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with green Dunlop and Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these mattresses. Look over the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper all night! The most comfortable adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the top air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price consider looking at the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under $1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest one of the following: Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our list of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a look at the best soft mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that provides an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress that suits your body go to our site to find the the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older people to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleeping needs as well! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas and beds with impressive edges, cool features, and other needs that couples could consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex should look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Teen FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found at all price points! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress that is old for several months by using a mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to take a look at the warranty. It will give you an idea of how long it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for their back. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight as well as help ease some of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider range, go through our selection of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Teen