You’re looking of a mattress but don’t know what to look for. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Tall And Heavy
Remember that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things from their bed, so what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we kept a wide range of different categories when making our top choices. Our hope is that most folks should be able to find not just”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds, we’d like to share an overview of how we came to choose them.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products in our mattress lab, putting each one through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating based on materials as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we took each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress on this list has an overall score of 4/5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but at a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel that should be a good fit for all types of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to quickly change positions on any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you is an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely well-known names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two persons. This also causes some bounce, it’s not enough to disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example it’s the Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a serious quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed by using 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for side sleepers. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
In addition, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the structure, making it a great option for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model and most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for them. All models have strong edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling similar to latex in the cushion layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread until the very end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to ease aches and pains, especially on your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from a cushion of comfort foam filled by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow, which could help with recovery. It makes Bear a great fit for those who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle in your Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain at their lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of a tandem of memory foam, poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll receive a touch of comfort by the foam memory.
The memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat like traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to help you with moving it into your home (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that can help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleeping.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also has a layer of gel memory foam which as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many mattress models. It is also made of a Phase Change Material, it assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which helps keep your spine within a balanced alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is so robust that it could be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and let you enjoy some relief from pressure while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable, and as an added feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel up over the top. These features should aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide a mixture of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that holds up the sides of the bed, as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon the type of body and age, sleeping position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end alternatives in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam and their feeling is different. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeping person. They are the most well-known type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Take a look at the top latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper overnight! The best adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our roundup of the the top air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price consider looking at the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our best mattresses under 1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with an innerspring, Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our list of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed that offers extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select the best mattress for your body type, visit our page for top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older people to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to pick one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas and mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool features, and other needs that couples might take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex can check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Tall And Heavy FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at all price points! A budget mattress is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the life of a mattress several months by using the mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, you need to look over its warranty. This will also provide you with an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for them. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight as well as help ease a lot of back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. This is why they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider choice, check out our roundup of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Tall And Heavy