If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but aren’t sure where to start. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Support And Comfort
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when making our top picks. Our hope is that most people will be able to get not only”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you an overview of how we came to select these beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating based on materials, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every last mattress on this list has an overall score of 4/5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of expensive models, but at lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel , which is an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be the most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to change positions on any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one or both of you are a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most well-known names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams, providing enough support for two persons. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. You can also check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a powerful comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed of 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the mattress, making it a great choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It comes in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model, so most couples should be capable of finding a bed that works for their needs. All models have solid edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for a mattress that will comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread until the end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to help ease aches and pains, especially in your back.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from the cushion of comfort foam coated by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow and could aid in recovering. The Bear the perfect choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up on your Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain at low back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top mattress. In addition, they’ll get a little squeeze from the memory foam.
The memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to assist in the process of the move into your home (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover on many their mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material, it aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, so you may prefer a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping the spine neutral position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable for the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable and, as an additional feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on the top. These features should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide a mixture of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up both sides of the bed, as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my recommendations based on your body type and age, sleeping position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end alternatives in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support, and their feel differs widely. Check out the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the best memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these beds. Take a look at the best latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers all night! Some of the best adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our roundup of the top air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that reduces the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our best mattresses under $1000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest a latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is crucial to keep the temperature low at night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our list of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a review of the top soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress that provides additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the right mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website to find the top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for seniors to find one that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific sleeping needs as well! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas including beds that have impressive edges, cool features as well as other features that couples might take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Support And Comfort FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the lifespan of an old mattress for a few months by adding the mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, you need to look over its warranty. This will also provide you with an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate many of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive selection, they can always go through our selection of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Support And Comfort