You’re looking for a new mattress but have no idea where to begin. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For.Stomach Sleepers
Remember that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
We kept a wide range of categories in mind when making our top picks. Our goal is that all folks should be able to find not just the “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each bed, we’d like to share an overview of the process we used to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab, running every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score according to the materials used and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress on this list has an overall score of 4/5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those expensive models, but at an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel , which is an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions while side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to shift positions with any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or the other is the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most notable brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide enough support for two people. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. You can also look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy with a significant comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is built with 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the mattress, making it a great option for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model which means that most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for them. Each of them has solid edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over), then you need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread to the edge of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the location) to help ease aches and pains, especially in your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a shape from the cushion of comfort foam coated with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow and could aid in recovering. It makes Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl up with your Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain in the lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top bed. In addition they’ll feel a bit of a hug by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat the way traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to assist in the process of getting it in your house (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that can help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. This mattress features cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also has the gel memory foam which as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous by its “Ghost Ice” cover on many of its mattresses. It is also made of a phase change material that helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it could be slippery, and you might prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping the spine neutral alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is robust that it could be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only suitable position for the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable and, as an additional touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. These features should assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel then you might want to reconsider your options.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support the sides of the bed, and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based on your body type as well as age, sleep positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their comfort varies widely. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the best memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these mattresses. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper throughout the night! The best adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price check out the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses for under 1,000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest a latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is important to keep the temperature low during the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our roundup of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a look at the top soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) require a mattress that offers an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress that suits your body go to our site to find the top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older adults to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own sleeping needs as well! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to pick one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as beds with impressive edges, cool features as well as other features that couples may consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For.Stomach Sleepers FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your own budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found at all price points! A budget mattress is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the lifespan of an old mattress for several months by putting on the mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty. This will give you a good idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight overnight as well as help ease a lot of discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive range, look through our list of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For.Stomach Sleepers