So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed but have no idea where to begin. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Stomach Sleepers South Africa
Remember that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while we made our top picks. Our goal is that all people will be able to discover not only”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds We’d like to talk an overview of the process we used to select them.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, running every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress in this list is rated 4/5 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more costly models, but for an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feeling that is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to easily change positions on any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other is a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top well-known names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two people. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. It’s also possible to look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a powerful comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is made with 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the entire structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It comes in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model, so most couples should be in a position to find the bed that is right for them. Each of them has strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should be aware of cooling when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, similar to latex in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings on to customers. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that will provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out until the very end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale it is a Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from a comfort layer of memory foam that’s coated by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. The Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with the Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain at the lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses a tandem with memory foam and poly foam, with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. At the same time, they’ll get a little touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat the way traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to assist in the process of the move into your home (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will help to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam which as well as being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority mattress models. Also made with a phase change material, it helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It is a combination of soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that helps keep your spine within a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact, the support is so sturdy that it might also be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable for this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and allow you to get some relief from pressure while your hips are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel on top. These features should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling then you might want to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up both sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based on your body type as well as age, sleep posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain straight, and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality choices in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They often have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam, and their feel differs widely. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeping person. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the best memory foam mattresses to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper overnight! The top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease different types of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost check out the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under $1000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our list of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a glance at most comfortable mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress that suits your body check out our website for best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for seniors to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique sleeping needs too! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas and beds with impressive edges, cool options, and other needs that couples may consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex can look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Stomach Sleepers South Africa FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress a few months by adding an mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at the warranty. It will give you a good idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is best for their back. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate some of the back pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger range, look through our list of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses on this list should be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Stomach Sleepers South Africa