You’re looking to buy a brand new bed but don’t know where to begin. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Stomach Sleepers On A Budget
Keep in mind that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what’s best for one person will not work for another.
That’s why we kept a wide range of categories in mind when we made our top choices. We hope that the majority of people will be able to get not only”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you some details about the process we used to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, putting every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but at a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feel , which is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it causes fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one or both of you is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top well-known names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two persons. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress with a significant quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is made by using 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the shoulders and hips.
However the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the entire structure, making it a great option for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for them. All of the options have strong edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off more body heat than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the edge to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the location) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale it is a Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from a comfort layer of memory foam that’s infused with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow, which could help in recovering. It makes Bear a great fit for anyone who is active.
If you’re ready to curl up on Bear Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the relief from pressure in low back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation consisting of poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top bed. While at the same time, they’ll get a little touch of comfort from the memory foam.
The memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat like the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to assist you in getting it in your house (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will help keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also comes with the gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is famous as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover on some mattress models. It is also made of a Phase Change Material which assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, so you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it neat and secure.
In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine within a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is solid that it can be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home on the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy, and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these traits should assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling, you may want to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support both sides of the bed and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based on body type as well as age, sleep posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end options in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam, and their feel is different. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the best memory foam mattress to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Look over the best latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers throughout the night! A few of the top adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our roundup of the the best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost consider looking at the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our best mattresses under $1,000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest a Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our list of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to review of the most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed that provides an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site to find the top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for older people to find a feel that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own sleeping needs too! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to select one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas including mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool options and other requirements that couples might be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Stomach Sleepers On A Budget FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available in every price range! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the life of an old mattress for a few months by using an mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to take a look at the warranty. It can also give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate many of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger range, check out our roundup of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Stomach Sleepers On A Budget