You’re looking of a mattress, but don’t know where to begin. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Stomach Sleepers Firm Or Soft
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what works for one person will not work for another.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when making our top choices. We hope that the majority of people will be able to find not just the “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each bed We’d like to talk some details about the process we used to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab, running every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating based on materials and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress in this list is rated 4 out of 5 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you must choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of expensive models, but at lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feeling that is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be the most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to easily change positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it causes fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) are the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top well-known names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates enough support for two persons. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example it’s the Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a powerful comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is made with 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the mattress which makes it an ideal choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model which means that most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for their needs. All of the options have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples should be aware of cooling when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This means that the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread all the way to the edge in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the area) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness it is a Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from a comfort layer of memory foam that’s coated by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow and might help in recovering. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl up with your Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses the combination with memory foam and poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the bed. While at the same time they’ll receive a touch of comfort by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat like the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to assist in the process of the move into your home (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will help cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. This mattress features cooling technology to draw body heat away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is known by its “Ghost Ice” cover on some mattress models. It is also made of the Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it could be slippery, which is why you may want to use a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine in a healthy alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only option for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and, as an additional feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel on the top. All of these features will assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support both sides of the bed, as well as the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my recommendations based on your body type and age, sleeping position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end alternatives in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They often are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support and their comfort is different. Find the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the top memory foam mattress to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these beds. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers overnight! Some of the most comfortable adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our best mattresses under $1,000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with an innerspring, Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is essential for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our roundup of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to review of the top soft mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed that provides an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website to find the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older people to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas including beds that have impressive edge support, cooling options as well as other features that couples might take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Stomach Sleepers Firm Or Soft FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your own budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses in every price range! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the life of a mattress several months by using a mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty, which will give you an idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
The majority of people with back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for their back. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight overnight and can ease a lot of discomfort. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger choice, check out our roundup of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses on this list should be a great match for side sleepers especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Stomach Sleepers Firm Or Soft