If you’re looking for a new mattress but have no idea where to start. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Stomach Sleepers Consumer Reports
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what works for one person may not work for another.
We kept a wide range of categories in mind when we made our top picks. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to get not only the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each bed, we’d like to share an overview of the method we used to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses, putting each one through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score based on materials as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also consider brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress in this list is rated 4/5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those expensive models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feel that should be an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers will be most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions, while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to switch positions on any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either or both of you are a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most well-known names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, providing enough support for two people. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example it’s the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a serious comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed of 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the shoulders and hips.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the entire structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option, so most couples should be capable of finding a bed that works for their preferences. Each of them has solid edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should also consider cooling when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies produce more body heat than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings to the consumer. This is what makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out to the edge of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the location) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness it is a Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with a cushion of comfort foam filled by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. The Bear a great fit for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle in Bear Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure in the lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of a tandem consisting of poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the mattress. At the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat the way the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist you in the move into your home (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many mattress models. It is also made of a phase change material that assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might prefer a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which helps keep the spine neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is sturdy that it might also be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only suitable position to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and give you some refreshing pressure relief while your hips are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable, and as an added touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these features will help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel then you might want to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support the sides of the bed, and also the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on the type of body, age, sleep position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam, and their feel is different. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a popular type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the best memory foam mattress to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often made with environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these mattresses. Check out the best latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper overnight! The most comfortable adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our review of best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different kinds of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price check out the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our best mattresses under 1,000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with one of the following: latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- My top breathable beds in our list of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a review of the top soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) require a mattress that provides extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress for your body type, visit our page for best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older people to find one that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique sleeping needs too! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to choose one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples and beds with impressive Edge support and cooling features, and other needs that couples may take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Stomach Sleepers Consumer Reports FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your own budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for several months by using the mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to check its warranty. This will give you a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for them. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease some of the back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider range, look through our list of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Stomach Sleepers Consumer Reports