If you’re looking for a new mattress, but have no idea what to look for. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Stomach Sleepers Amazon
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things from their bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
We kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top choices. We hope that the majority of users will be able find not just an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each bed We’d like to talk an overview of how we came to select them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products through our bed lab, putting each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score according to the materials used and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of costly models, but for an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feel that should be suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers will be the most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions, while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to quickly switch positions on any model, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) is a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely notable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two persons. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is built of 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for side sleepers. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
However the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below the back, which will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the entire structure and makes it a fantastic option for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for their preferences. Each of them has sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies emit more body heat than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support which allows you to spread all the way to the very end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to ease aches and pains, especially for back pain.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a shape from the cushion of comfort foam that’s infused by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for those who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle in your Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain at low back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines the combination consisting of poly foam, with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the bed. While at the same time they’ll feel a touch of comfort by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist you in the move into your house (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that can help keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleepers.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam, which as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous by their “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority of its mattresses. Also made with a phase change material that helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, so you may want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it neat and secure.
In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It blends soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that helps keep the spine neutral alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is so robust that it could be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only suitable position to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy, and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these traits should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel then you might want to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for an optimum blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support on the edges of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based on the type of body, age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality choices in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach and combination sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel varies widely. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the best memory foam mattress to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these mattresses. Take a look at the top latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! Some of the best adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the the top air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under $1000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for a latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our list of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a glance at best soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress with additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress for your body type, visit our page for top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own sleeping needs as well! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples and beds that have impressive edge support, cooling options and other requirements that couples may be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Stomach Sleepers Amazon FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your own budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the life of a mattress several months by adding an mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty, which can also give you an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for them. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight and can ease many of the back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger choice, go through our selection of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Stomach Sleepers Amazon