If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but have no idea where to start. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Stomach And Back Sleeper
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while making our top picks. We hope that the majority of users will be able find not just”the “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each bed, we’d like to share some details about how we came to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab, running every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score based on materials as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also consider the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel , which is suitable for a variety of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to easily change positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or the other are an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top notable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two people. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. You can also check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance, the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain with a significant comfort punch without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is made by using 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time, the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the entire structure, making it a great pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm version, so most couples should be able to find the bed that is right for them. All models have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should also consider cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce more body heat than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings to the consumer. This means that the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support which allows you to spread until the very end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little shape from the cushion of comfort foam infused by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow and might help in recovering. It makes Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with Bear Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the relief from pressure in low back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines a tandem of memory foam, poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top mattress. In addition they’ll receive a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
The memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist in the process of moving it into your home (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that will help keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws body heat away from sleeping.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. It also comes with the gel memory foam, which as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is known by its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some their mattresses. Also made with a phase change material which helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, so you may prefer a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping the spine balanced position and helps prevent back pain. In fact, the support is so robust that it could be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only suitable position that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, and your hips should are supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and, as an additional touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up over the top. These features should assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for a mixture of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support both sides of the bed as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based on your body type as well as age, sleep position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of support and pressure relief to keep their spines straight, and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end options in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach and combination sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam and their comfort is different. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the best memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with green Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these mattresses. Look over the top latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper all night! The best adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost consider looking at the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses for under $1,000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is important for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our roundup of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a look at the best soft mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed that offers additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select the right mattress for your body type go to our site for top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older people to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique sleep needs, too! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling features and other requirements that couples might be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Stomach And Back Sleeper FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses in every price range! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the life of a mattress that is old for several months by using a mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty. This can also give you an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for them. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight and can ease many of the discomfort. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive choice, look through our list of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses on this list should be ideal for side sleepers especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Stomach And Back Sleeper