You’re looking of a mattress, but don’t know what to look for. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Spine Support
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things from their bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
That’s why we kept a wide range of categories in mind when making our top choices. We hope that the majority of users will be able get not only”the “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you some details about the method we used to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products in our mattress lab, running each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here has an overall score of 4/5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of expensive models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feeling that is suitable for all types of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers will be the most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to quickly change positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one (or both) is a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most notable brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 people. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain with a significant comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the entire structure, making it a great option for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm version which means that most couples will be in a position to find a bed that works for their preferences. Each of them has sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should consider cooling when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature, which has the naturally cooling similar to latex in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This is what makes the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over), then you need a mattress that will adequately support you. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread all the way to the very end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the area) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness it is a Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little shape from the comfort layer of memory foam that’s filled by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow, which could help in recovering. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for anyone who is active.
If you’re eager to curl up on your Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure at low back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines a tandem with memory foam and poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top mattress. At the same time they’ll feel a touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat like the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist in the process of the move into your house (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that will cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleepers.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. It also has the gel memory foam which, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is famous as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material which assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it is a little slippery, so you may want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
For feel in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine in a balanced alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is robust that it could be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only option to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on top. These features should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel, you may want to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up the sides of the bed, and also the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based on your body type and age, sleeping position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality options in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips aligned with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combo sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their comfort is different. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the top memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these beds. Look over the best latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper overnight! A few of the most comfortable adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our review of best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that reduces the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price, take a look at the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1,000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- My top breathable beds in our roundup of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a review of the top soft mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress that provides additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select the best mattress that suits your body go to our site to find the top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for seniors to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique requirements for sleep, too! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas including mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling options as well as other features that couples might take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex are able to check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Spine Support FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses at all price points! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress some time by adding an mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to look over the warranty. It can also give you an idea of the length it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate some of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive range, go through our selection of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses on this list should be ideal for side sleepers particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Spine Support