If you’re looking of a mattress but have no idea what to look for. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Spine Problems
Remember that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
That’s why we kept a wide range of different categories when making our top choices. We hope that the majority of users will be able find not just the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each of these beds, we’d like to share some details about how we came to select the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products through our bed lab. We’ve put every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating based on materials, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress on this list has an overall score of 4/5 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feeling that is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers will be the most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to shift positions with any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it results in fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or both of you is an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most well-known names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 people. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a powerful quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed by using 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for side sleepers. They will also feel intense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the entire structure, making it a great pick for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm version, so most couples should be able to find a bed that works for their preferences. All models have solid edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings onto the customer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread to the edge to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support from its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness it is a Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a shape from a cushion of comfort foam coated by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. The Bear the perfect choice for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl in the Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain in low back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation consisting of poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. While at the same time they’ll feel a bit of a hug by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat the way traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be beneficial to assist in the process of getting it in your home (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that will keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also has the gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material which assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it is a little slippery, so you may need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It is a combination of soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping the spine neutral alignment and prevents back issues. In fact, the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable for this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these features will aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel, you may want to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports both sides of the bed, and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my recommendations based on body type as well as age, sleep posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach and combo sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support, and their feel varies widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often made with environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these beds. Check out the best latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper all night! The most comfortable adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the the best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our best mattresses under 1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with a Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- My top breathable beds in our roundup of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to glance at most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed that offers an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress that suits your body, visit our page to find the the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older people to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to pick one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas and mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool options as well as other features that couples may be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Spine Problems FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your own budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the lifespan of an old mattress for a few months by adding an mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to check its warranty, which can also give you a good idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
The majority of people with back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate a lot of pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive selection, they can always check out our roundup of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for side sleepers particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Spine Problems