So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed but have no idea where to start. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Spinal Cord Injury
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what’s best for one person may not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of different categories when presenting our top picks. Our goal is that all users will be able find not just”the “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each bed We’d like to talk an overview of how we came to select these beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses, putting every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you must choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of expensive models, but at an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feeling that is an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models while those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to easily switch positions on any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or the other is an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two people. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example, the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress with a significant quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel intense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the mattress and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm version and most couples will be able to find a bed that works for them. All of the options have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should be aware of cooling when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, similar to latex in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out all the way to the end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the region) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale it is a Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a shape from a comfort layer of memory foam that’s coated by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up with Bear Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain in low back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the bed. In addition they’ll receive a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat as the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be a good idea to assist you in getting it in your house (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that can help keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover for some their mattresses. Also made with the Phase Change Material which assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may need to put a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
For feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which helps keep the spine neutral alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is robust that it could be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only suitable position for this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure while your hips feel supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy, and as an added feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on top. All of these traits should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to reconsider your options.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is made of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that supports on the edges of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based on the type of body as well as age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for back, stomach and combination sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their comfort is different. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the best memory foam mattresses to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these beds. Look over the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers all night! A few of the top adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our roundup of the the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price check out the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with an innerspring, latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be essential for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a glance at most comfortable mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) need a bed that offers additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick the right mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website to find the top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for seniors to find one that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleep needs, as well! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples and beds with impressive Edge support and cooling features, and other needs that couples could take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex can check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Spinal Cord Injury FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your own budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the life of a mattress some time by using a mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to look over the warranty. It will also provide you with an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is best for them. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease some of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. This is why they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider range, go through our selection of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Spinal Cord Injury