If you’re looking for a new mattress, but aren’t sure what to look for. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Spare Bedroom
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what works for one person will not work for another.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when making our top choices. Our hope is that most folks should be able to get not only the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each bed we’d like to tell you some details about how we came to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products in our mattress lab, running every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress listed here has an overall score of 4/5 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feeling that is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers will be the most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to quickly shift positions with any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or the other are an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely recognizable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two persons. This also causes some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. You can also check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a serious comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is made of 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time, the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the entire structure and makes it a fantastic option for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It is available in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model, so most couples should be in a position to find the right bed for their needs. All of the options have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should consider cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit more body heat than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread until the edge in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness it is a Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s infused by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and might help in recovering. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for those who is active.
If you’re ready to curl up on Bear Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure in low back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of the combination of memory foam, poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll receive a squeeze from the memory foam.
The memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to assist in the process of the move into your house (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that can help cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also has the gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is known as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material, it helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may need to put a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
For feel In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It combines soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping the spine neutral alignment and prevents back issues. In fact, the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option for this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable, and as an added feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these features will assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel of memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to look elsewhere.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is made of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also like the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they get that mix of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support the sides of the bed as well as the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on the type of body and age, sleeping positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines straight, and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end options in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling is different. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Check out the best memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these beds. Look over the best latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper all night! The top adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our review of the top air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost consider looking at the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our best mattresses under 1,000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest an innerspring, Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our list of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to glance at most comfortable mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that provides extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress that suits your body check out our website for the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to select one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples and mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool features and other requirements that couples might consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex can look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Spare Bedroom FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your own budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the life of a mattress some time by using the mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to take a look at the warranty. It can also give you a good idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for their back. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate some of the back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger selection, they can always go through our selection of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for side sleepers, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Spare Bedroom