So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed but don’t know where to start. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Sore Shoulders
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what works for one person may not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of different categories when presenting our top picks. Our goal is that all users will be able get not only an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each bed, we’d like to share some details about the method we used to select them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab, running every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also consider brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those costly models, but for a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feel that should be an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be the most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to quickly shift positions with any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it results in fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you are an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top well-known names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams that provide enough support for two people. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. You can also check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy with a significant relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the shoulders and hips.
In addition the Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for their preferences. Each of them has sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should be aware of cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies produce more body heat than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread to the end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to help ease aches and pains, especially on your back.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale it is a Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with a cushion of comfort foam infused by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. It makes Bear a great fit for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on the Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure in their lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation consisting of poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. At the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat as the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to assist in the process of getting it in your home (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that will help cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress features cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also comes with the gel memory foam that as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is known for the “Ghost Ice” cover on some of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it is a little slippery, which is why you may want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It combines soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping your spine within a balanced alignment and prevents back issues. In fact, the support is so solid that it can be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on the top. These features should assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel then you might want to consider a different bed.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is made of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are made to keep the user comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also like the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that supports both sides of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based on body type and age, sleeping posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality choices in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling varies widely. Check out the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the best memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these mattresses. Check out the best latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers throughout the night! The best adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price check out the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- My top breathable beds in our roundup of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress that offers additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress for your body type go to our site for the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for older people to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling features as well as other features that couples might consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex can look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Sore Shoulders FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the life of a mattress that is old for some time by using the mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to check its warranty. This will give you an idea of the length it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is best for them. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease some of the back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider selection, they can always look through our list of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Sore Shoulders