So you’re in the market for a new mattress, but don’t know where to begin. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Sore Neck And Shoulders
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what works for one person will not work for another.
That’s why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while making our top choices. Our goal is that all folks should be able to get not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each bed we’d like to tell you an overview of how we came to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab. We’ve put each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score according to the materials used as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress in this list is rated 4 out of 5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel that should be suitable for all types of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers will be most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model, while side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to quickly change positions on any model, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one (or both) are the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most notable brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two people. While this also results in some bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. Also, you can look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a powerful comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the shoulders and hips.
However, the Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the entire structure and makes it a fantastic option for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm option and most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for their preferences. All of the options have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should be aware of cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies give off more body heat than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature, which has an naturally cool, similar to latex in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread to the end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially for back pain.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale it is a Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a shape from a comfort layer of memory foam coated by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow and could aid in recovering. It makes Bear a great fit for those who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up with your Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain at their lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of the combination consisting of poly foam with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top bed. While at the same time, they’ll get a little touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to help you with the move into your house (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that can help cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam which as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is famous by the “Ghost Ice” cover for some of its mattresses. Also made with the Phase Change Material, it aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which helps keep the spine neutral alignment and prevents back issues. In fact, the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only suitable position that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should are supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy, and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these traits should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel, you may want to consider a different bed.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide a mixture of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is made of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the former being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports on the edges of the bed, as well as the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based upon the type of body, age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality options in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam, and their feel is different. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattress to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these mattresses. Look over the top latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper overnight! Some of the top adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost consider looking at the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our top mattresses for under $1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with one of the following: Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is crucial to keep the temperature low in the night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that provides extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress that suits your body check out our website to find the top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for older adults to find one that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique sleeping needs as well! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples and beds with impressive Edge support and cooling options, and other needs that couples may consider.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Sore Neck And Shoulders FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the life of a mattress that is old for a few months by putting on a mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty, which will also provide you with an idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for them. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease some of the back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider range, check out our roundup of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Sore Neck And Shoulders