So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed, but have no idea where to start. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Sore Legs
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what works for one person will not work for another.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top choices. We hope that the majority of users will be able find not just an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each bed, we’d like to share an overview of the process we used to select the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products in our mattress lab. We’ve put every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress in this list has an overall score of 4/5 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those costly models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feel , which is an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions, while side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to quickly change positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other are a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely well-known names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams that provide enough support for two people. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. Also, you can look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain with a significant comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is built of 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
However, the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the entire structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for their needs. All of the options have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, similar to latex in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out until the end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the area) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness it is a Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from the comfort layer of memory foam infused by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow, which could help in recovering. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up with your Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure at low back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses a tandem consisting of poly foam, and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. While at the same time, they’ll get a little touch of comfort by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat the way traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to help you with the move into your home (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that will help cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology that draws body heat away from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous for their “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority their mattresses. Also made with the Phase Change Material that helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
For feel In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which helps keep your spine within a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. In fact, the support is so robust that it could be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only suitable position for this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy, and as an added feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel up top. These features should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel then you might want to reconsider your options.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide a mixture of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are made to keep the user comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up the sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based upon the type of body and age, sleeping posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end alternatives in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their comfort differs widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the best mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from green Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these mattresses. Check out the best latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! Some of the most comfortable adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our roundup of best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost check out the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is crucial to keep the temperature low during the night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our list of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a review of the top soft mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) need a bed that provides additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the right mattress for your body type go to our site to find the top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for seniors to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples and beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling options and other requirements that couples may consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Sore Legs FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your own budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses in every price range! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress some time by using an mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to check the warranty. It can also give you a good idea of the length it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for them. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight during the night as well as help ease a lot of pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider choice, go through our selection of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Sore Legs