If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed but have no idea where to start. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Sore Hips
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual will not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when making our top picks. Our hope is that most folks should be able to discover not only”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each bed we’d like to tell you a little bit about the method we used to select them.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses, putting each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every last mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but for a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feeling that is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers will be the most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to easily switch positions on any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it creates fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either (or both) are an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely well-known names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide enough support for two people. This also causes some bounce, it’s not enough to disturb you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. It’s also possible to look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is made of 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the entire structure, making it a great choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be in a position to find the right bed for them. Each of them has sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will adequately support you. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support which allows you to spread until the very end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the area) to ease aches and pains, especially in your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s infused by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. It makes Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with Bear Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain at low back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines the combination with memory foam and poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top bed. At the same time they’ll receive a squeeze from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to assist in the process of moving it into your home (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that can help to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from sleepers.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam which as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is well-known by the “Ghost Ice” cover for some mattress models. Also made with a phase change material that assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it is a little slippery, which is why you may prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping the spine neutral alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is so robust that it could be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But it’s not the only option that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable, and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on over the top. These features should aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling then you might want to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up both sides of the bed, as well as the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my recommendations based on your body type as well as age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end options in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for back, stomach and combo sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support, and their feel is different. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the best memory foam mattress to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these mattresses. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers overnight! A few of the top adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with kinds of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses for under 1,000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be essential to keep the temperature low in the night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our roundup of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to look at the top soft mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) need a bed that provides extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the best mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website to find the top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older adults to find a feel that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples including mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling features and other requirements that couples may be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex should look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Sore Hips FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your personal budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the lifespan of an old mattress for some time by putting on the mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to take a look at its warranty, which will also provide you with a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for their back. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight during the night and can ease many of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. In this regard, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive choice, look through our list of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses in this list will be a great match for those who sleep on their sides particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Sore Hips