You’re looking to buy a brand new bed but aren’t sure where to start. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Sore Back
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what’s best for one person will not work for another.
That’s why we kept a wide range of different categories when we made our top choices. Our hope is that most users will be able discover not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds We’d like to talk an overview of the method we used to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses, running each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress on this list has an overall score of 4/5 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those costly models, but at lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feeling that is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers will be most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions, while side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to shift positions with any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one (or both) are a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top well-known names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two persons. Although this can cause some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example, the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a serious relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is made with 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel intense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model, so most couples should be able to find the bed that is right for their needs. Each of them has strong edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit more body heat than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has the naturally cooling similar to latex in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread all the way to the edge to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially for back pain.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness, the Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with the comfortable layer of memory foam infused by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow and might help in recovering. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl in the Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines the combination with memory foam and poly foam, and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the bed. While at the same time they’ll receive a touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
The memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat the way the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist you in getting it in your home (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that can help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known by its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many mattress models. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material that assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it is a little slippery, and you might need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it neat and secure.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It combines soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that helps keep your spine within a healthy alignment and prevents back issues. Actually, the support is so robust that it could be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only option to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and allow you to get some relief from pressure and your hips should feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on top. These features should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel, you may want to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up both sides of the bed and also the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my recommendations based on body type as well as age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of support and pressure relief to keep their spines straight, and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end choices in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam, and their feel varies widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these mattresses. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper throughout the night! Some of the top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1,000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is important to keep the temperature low during the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our list of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a glance at top soft mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that provides an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose the best mattress that suits your body, visit our page for best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for older people to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleep needs, as well! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling options as well as other features that couples might take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Sore Back FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress a few months by adding a mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to look over the warranty. It can also give you an idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate some of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider choice, look through our list of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Sore Back