If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but don’t know what to look for. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Sore Back And Hips
Remember that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what’s best for one person may not work for another.
This is why we have a variety of different categories when making our top choices. Our hope is that most people will be able to find not just an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each bed we’d like to tell you some details about how we came to select them.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses, putting every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score according to the materials used as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also consider the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress in this list has an overall score of 4/5 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but at lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers will be most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to shift positions with any model, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it creates fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) is an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most well-known brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two persons. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. You can also look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example, the Nectar mattress is a great value buy with a significant comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is built with 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time, the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the mattress, making it a great choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm option, so most couples should be capable of finding the bed that is right for their preferences. All of the options have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also consider cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, similar to latex in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This is what makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out to the very end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness, the Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from a comfortable layer of memory foam filled by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow and could aid in recovering. The Bear the perfect choice for those who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with Bear Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain at low back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses a tandem with memory foam and poly foam, and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the bed. In addition they’ll feel a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat as the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to assist in the process of moving it into your home (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that can help cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleeping.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also comes with the gel memory foam, which as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is famous by their “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority mattress models. Also made with a phase change material which assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it is a little slippery, so you may want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping your spine in a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is robust that it could be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel up top. All of these traits should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that holds up the sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based on body type as well as age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality choices in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling differs widely. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. They are the most well-known kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the top memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these beds. Look over the best latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper all night! The best adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our top mattresses for under $1000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest a Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our list of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a look at the top soft mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) require a mattress that provides additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose a mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page for best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for seniors to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique sleeping needs as well! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas and mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool options and other requirements that couples may consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex can browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Sore Back And Hips FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress a few months by putting on the mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to check its warranty. This can also give you an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for them. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight overnight and can ease many of the back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive range, check out our roundup of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for side sleepers especially the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Sore Back And Hips