If you’re looking for a new mattress, but don’t know where to begin. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Someone With Scoliosis
Remember that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things from their bed, so what is effective for one individual will not work for another.
We kept a wide range of different categories when we made our top picks. We hope that the majority of users will be able get not only”the “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds we’d like to tell you some details about how we came to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab. We’ve put each one through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those costly models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feeling that is suitable for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers will be the most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to easily change positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either (or both) is the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most well-known names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing enough support for two people. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example, the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a serious relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for side sleepers. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the entire structure and makes it a fantastic option for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for their needs. All models have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also consider cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit more body heat than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has the naturally cooling similar to latex in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings to the consumer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out until the edge in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support from its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the area) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from a comfortable layer of memory foam filled with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. It makes Bear a great fit for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle in the Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain in the lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of the combination consisting of poly foam, and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. While at the same time they’ll receive a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
The memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat like the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be beneficial to assist you in the move into your home (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that can help keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. It also comes with the gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is well-known for its “Ghost Ice” cover on many of its mattresses. It is also made of a phase change material, it helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, so you may need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It is a combination of soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping the spine healthy position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is solid that it can be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only option to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable, and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up top. All of these features will assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling, you may want to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that holds up on the edges of the bed as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based on the type of body and age, sleeping posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality options in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach and combination sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support, and their feel varies widely. Check out the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeper. They are the most favored kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the top memory foam mattress to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these mattresses. Take a look at the best latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper all night! A few of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our roundup of the the best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price consider looking at the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1,000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for a Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our roundup of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a glance at best soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that offers extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select the right mattress for your body type check out our website to find the the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for older adults to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific sleeping needs too! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples and beds that have impressive edges, cool features, and other needs that couples might take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Someone With Scoliosis FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your personal budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress several months by putting on a mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, you need to take a look at the warranty. It will also provide you with a good idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for them. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night and can ease a lot of back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider selection, they can always check out our roundup of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Someone With Scoliosis