If you’re looking of a mattress, but don’t know where to begin. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Someone With Arthritis
Keep in mind that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things from their bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while making our top picks. Our hope is that most users will be able get not only the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each bed we’d like to tell you an overview of the method we used to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses, running each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress in this list has an overall score of 4/5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but for a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models. While side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to shift positions with any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one or the other are a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates enough support for two persons. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. It’s also possible to check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance it’s the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the structure, making it a great option for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm option which means that most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for their needs. Each of them has solid edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This means that the Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread to the edge of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the area) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with the comfort layer of memory foam infused by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow and might help with recovery. This makes the Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle in your Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain at their lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses the combination of memory foam, poly foam, and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the bed. In addition, they’ll get a little squeeze from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat like traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to help you with moving it into your house (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that will to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is known for their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many their mattresses. It is also made of a phase change material, it aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat helps keep the spine neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and give you some refreshing pressure relief while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy, and as an added touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel up over the top. All of these features will assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling then you might want to reconsider your options.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is made of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support both sides of the bed, as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my recommendations based on the type of body as well as age, sleep posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality choices in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their feeling differs widely. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a favored kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often made with green Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these beds. Check out the top latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! Some of the top adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the top air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost, take a look at the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under $1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is crucial for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our list of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a glance at best soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) need a bed that offers extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the right mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site to find the the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for seniors to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own requirements for sleep, as well! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to select one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas and beds with impressive Edge support and cooling features as well as other features that couples might take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex can check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Someone With Arthritis FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the lifespan of an old mattress for a few months by putting on a mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to look over the warranty. It will give you an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight and can ease many of the discomfort. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger range, go through our selection of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Someone With Arthritis