If you’re looking for a new mattress but aren’t sure what to look for. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Someone Over 250 Lbs
Keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We kept a wide range of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to discover not only an “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each of these beds, we’d like to share an overview of the method we used to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score based on materials as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more costly models, but for an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feeling that is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to switch positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one (or both) is an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely well-known names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two people. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to disturb you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a serious comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is built with 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel intense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time, the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model and most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for them. All models have strong edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off more body heat than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has the naturally cooling latex-like foam in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This means that the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, permitting you to spread to the edge of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness, the Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a shape from a cushion of comfort foam infused with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow and could aid in recovering. The Bear the perfect choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle in Bear Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain at the lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of a tandem consisting of poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the bed. While at the same time they’ll feel a squeeze due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist you in moving it into your home (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that will cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws body heat away from sleeping.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also comes with the gel memory foam, which as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous for its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority mattress models. Also made with the Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, which is why you may prefer a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping the spine healthy alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is so sturdy that it might also be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only option that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable, and as an added feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel on over the top. These features should assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports the sides of the bed, and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon the type of body and age, sleeping positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality choices in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach and combination sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support, and their feel differs widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the best memory foam mattress to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from green Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these mattresses. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! Some of the top adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that reduces the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost consider looking at the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for a Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to look at the most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) require a mattress that provides additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress that suits your body go to our site for best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for seniors to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique sleep needs, too! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to select one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool features, and other needs that couples could be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Someone Over 250 Lbs FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your own budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the life of an old mattress for a few months by putting on an mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to look over its warranty, which will give you an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate many of the back pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. With that in mind, they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider choice, check out our roundup of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Someone Over 250 Lbs