You’re looking of a mattress, but don’t know where to begin. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Softness
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when we made our top picks. Our hope is that most users will be able find not just the “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each bed We’d like to talk some details about the process we used to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab, putting every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score according to the materials used and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress on this list is rated 4 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but for an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feeling that is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models while side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it results in fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other is an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely notable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 people. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. You can also check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a powerful quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is built of 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
In addition the Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the mattress which makes it an ideal option for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm option, so most couples should be in a position to find the right bed for their needs. Each of them has sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit more body heat than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling latex-like foam in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This means that the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need a mattress that will adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support which allows you to spread to the edge of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the area) to help ease aches and pains, especially for back pain.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale it is a Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with a comfort layer of memory foam filled by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow and could aid with recovery. It makes Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up on Bear Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain in the lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines a tandem with memory foam and poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the mattress. At the same time they’ll receive a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat the way the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist you in moving it into your house (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that can help cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam which, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known by their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority mattress models. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material, it aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, so you may need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping the spine neutral alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is so solid that it can be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only suitable position for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and give you some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and as an added touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel on top. All of these features will aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is made of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the former being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that holds up on the edges of the bed as well as the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based on body type and age, sleeping posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality options in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort is different. Find the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a popular type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the best memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these beds. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper overnight! The top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the the best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses for under $1000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for a mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is essential to keep the temperature low in the night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a glance at best soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress that provides additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress that suits your body, visit our page for top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for seniors to find one that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own sleep needs, too! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas including mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool options and other requirements that couples might consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex can check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Softness FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses available at all price points! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress some time by using the mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to look over its warranty, which can also give you an idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is best for their back. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate some of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive selection, they can always check out our roundup of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Softness