So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed but aren’t sure what to look for. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Sofa Sleeper
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what works for one person will not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. We hope that the majority of users will be able get not only the “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds, we’d like to share some details about the process we used to select the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses, running each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every last mattress in this list is rated 4 out of 5 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but for a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feeling that is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions while side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to easily shift positions with any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one (or both) is a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most well-known names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into account so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, providing adequate support for 2 persons. Although this can cause some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is made with 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the hips and shoulders.
In addition, the Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the structure, making it a great option for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm option, so most couples should be capable of finding a bed that works for them. All of the options have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings to the consumer. This is what makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support which allows you to spread all the way to the very end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially in your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness, the Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little shape from a comfort layer of memory foam that’s infused by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow and could aid in recovering. The Bear an ideal choice for anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with your Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure at the lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines the combination consisting of poly foam, with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. While at the same time they’ll feel a touch of comfort by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat like traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to help you with moving it into your house (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam which, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is famous by their “Ghost Ice” cover on many of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, so you may need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it nice and snug.
In terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping your spine in a balanced alignment and avoids back problems. Actually, the support is so robust that it could be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only option that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy, and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel on top. These features should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders sink into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that holds up both sides of the bed and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based upon your body type and age, sleeping posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality choices in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel is different. Find the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a favored kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the top memory foam mattress to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these beds. Look over the top latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper all night! A few of the best adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under 1,000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with an innerspring, Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be essential for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our roundup of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to review of the top soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress with extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress for your body type, visit our page for top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older people to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas and beds with impressive edge support, cooling features, and other needs that couples could take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Sofa Sleeper FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your own budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the life of a mattress several months by using a mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty. This will also provide you with a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for their back. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight during the night and can ease some of the back pain. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive range, look through our list of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Sofa Sleeper