So you’re in the market of a mattress but have no idea where to begin. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Sofa Bed
Remember that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things from a bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
We kept a wide range of categories in mind when we made our top choices. We hope that the majority of people will be able to get not only an “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds we’d like to tell you some details about the method we used to choose them.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses, putting every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we really considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those costly models, but for an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feeling that is suitable for all types of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models. While side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to easily change positions on any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it results in fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or both of you are the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into account so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, providing enough support for two persons. While this also results in some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed by using 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for side sleepers. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the hips and shoulders.
However, the Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the structure which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm option, so most couples should be able to find a bed that works for their preferences. All of the options have strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread to the edge to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness, the Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with a cushion of comfort foam infused by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. This makes the Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl up with the Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain at their lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses a tandem consisting of poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the mattress. While at the same time, they’ll get a little touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat like the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist in the process of getting it in your home (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam which, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known for its “Ghost Ice” cover for some mattress models. Also made with a phase change material which helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it could be slippery, so you may want to use a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It combines soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that helps keep the spine balanced alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is robust that it could be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only option for this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home with this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy, and as an added feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these traits should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel then you might want to reconsider your options.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips slide into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support both sides of the bed as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based on your body type and age, sleeping position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality options in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam, and their feel differs widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the top memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these mattresses. Check out the best latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! The best adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price, take a look at the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with an innerspring, Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is crucial for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our roundup of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to glance at most comfortable mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) require a mattress that provides an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose a mattress that suits your body, visit our page to find the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older people to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleeping needs too! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to select one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples and beds with impressive Edge support and cooling features and other requirements that couples may consider.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Sofa Bed FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the life of a mattress that is old for several months by adding the mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to look over the warranty. It will give you a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for their back. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight during the night as well as help ease many of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger range, check out our roundup of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Sofa Bed