If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed but aren’t sure what to look for. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Sleeping In Car
Remember that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what works for one person may not work for another.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top choices. Our goal is that all folks should be able to find not just an “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each bed we’d like to tell you a little bit about the process we used to choose them.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab, running each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of expensive models, but at an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers will be the most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model. While side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to switch positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one (or both) are the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need to worry about sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top notable names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates enough support for two people. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example, it’s the Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a serious comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed of 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
However, the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the mattress and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm version and most couples will be able to find the right bed for them. Each of them has strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off more body heat than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread until the end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to help ease aches and pains, especially for back pain.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness, the Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a shape from a comfort layer of memory foam infused by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and might help in the recovery process. It makes Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re eager to curl in the Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the relief from pressure at the lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the bed. At the same time they’ll receive a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat the way traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist you in moving it into your house (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. It also comes with the gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is known by the “Ghost Ice” cover for some their mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material, it helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it could be slippery, and you might prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It blends soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping the spine neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable, and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel on top. These features should assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports both sides of the bed, as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon your body type, age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end alternatives in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support, and their feel differs widely. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the top memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using green Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these beds. Check out the most popular latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper all night! The best adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our review of the top air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under $1000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for a latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our list of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to glance at top soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) require a mattress with extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress for your body type, visit our page to find the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for older adults to find one that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own sleep needs, as well! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to pick one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool features and other requirements that couples could be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Sleeping In Car FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the life of an old mattress for several months by adding the mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to take a look at its warranty. This will give you an idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is best for them. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight during the night and can ease a lot of discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider choice, go through our selection of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for side sleepers, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Sleeping In Car