So you’re in the market of a mattress but have no idea where to start. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Sleeping Cool
Keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what works for one person will not work for another.
That’s why we have a variety of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. We hope that the majority of users will be able get not only an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each of these beds, we’d like to share some details about the process we used to select them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses, putting every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score according to the materials used, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of costly models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable for a variety of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers should be the most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions, while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to shift positions with any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or both of you is a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely notable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two people. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress with a significant quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed of 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
However the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the entire structure, making it a great option for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be able to find the right bed for them. All models have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples must also consider cooling when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off more body heat than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This is what makes the Signature (and any of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out to the very end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the location) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale it is a Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from a comfort layer of memory foam coated by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. The Bear an ideal choice for anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with your Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain in their lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. While at the same time they’ll receive a touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
The memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to help you with moving it into your house (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will help keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleeping.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the touch. It also has the gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover for some mattress models. It is also made of a phase change material, it assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, so you may need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine within a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. Actually, the support is so robust that it could be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option for this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and give you some relief from pressure and your hips should are supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these traits should assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel, you may want to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are made to keep the user comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that holds up on the edges of the bed, as well as the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based on the type of body and age, sleeping posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality choices in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combination sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam, and their feel varies widely. Check out the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeping person. They are the most favored kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the best mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from green Dunlop or Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these beds. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers throughout the night! A few of the top adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our roundup of best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease kinds of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price check out the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our best mattresses under $1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with a latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is essential to keep the temperature low in the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our list of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a look at the best soft mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed that offers an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose a mattress that suits your body check out our website to find the top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for seniors to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own sleep needs, too! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to pick one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas and beds with impressive Edge support and cooling features and other requirements that couples may consider.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Sleeping Cool FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your own budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress that is old for some time by using an mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to look over its warranty. This can also give you a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for their back. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease a lot of back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger selection, they can always go through our selection of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Sleeping Cool