You’re looking of a mattress but aren’t sure where to start. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Sleep Position
Keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we have a variety of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to discover not only the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you an overview of the process we used to select them.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab. We’ve put every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating based on materials as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also consider the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress listed here has an overall score of 4/5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those expensive models, but at lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feel , which is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers should be most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other are an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most well-known names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates enough support for two people. Although this can cause some bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example, the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a serious quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is built with 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. They will also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the mattress which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It is available in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model and most couples will be able to find a bed that works for them. All of the options have strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies emit more body heat than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This means that the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that will adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread until the end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support from its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the region) to help ease aches and pains, especially for back pain.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness it is a Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from a cushion of comfort foam that’s coated by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow, which could help in recovering. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle in Bear Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure at low back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation consisting of poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll feel a squeeze from the memory foam.
The memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be a good idea to assist you in moving it into your home (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleeping.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority of its mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material, it assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat helps keep the spine balanced alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only option that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, while your hips are supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy, and as an added touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel up top. All of these features will aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to reconsider your options.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide a mixture of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is made of not one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support on the edges of the bed, and also the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based on body type and age, sleeping posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines straight, and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality choices in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips aligned to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their comfort varies widely. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the top mattress made of memory foam to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from green Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Look over the best latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! A few of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under $1000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for a latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be crucial to keep the temperature low at night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our list of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a glance at top soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed that offers an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the right mattress that suits your body check out our website to find the top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for seniors to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific sleeping needs too! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool features, and other needs that couples may be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Sleep Position FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress a few months by putting on the mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to look over its warranty, which can also give you an idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for them. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease some of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive selection, they can always go through our selection of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for side sleepers, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Sleep Position