So you’re in the market of a mattress, but have no idea what to look for. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Slatted Platform Bed
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we kept a wide range of different categories when we made our top picks. Our hope is that most users will be able get not only”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each of these beds We’d like to talk some details about how we came to select them.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products in our mattress lab. We’ve put each one through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those costly models, but for a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers should be most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to switch positions on any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it creates fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most well-known brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two people. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a serious quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is built of 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
At the same time, the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below the back, which will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the entire structure, making it a great choice for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be able to find a bed that works for them. Each of them has strong edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should consider cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in the comfort layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This makes the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread all the way to the edge to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zones of support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the location) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness, the Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with the comfort layer of memory foam filled by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow and might help in the recovery process. This makes the Bear a great fit for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up with the Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure in the lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses a tandem consisting of poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top bed. In addition they’ll receive a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat like the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to help you with getting it in your home (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that will to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover on many their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, and you might prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
For feel in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping the spine healthy alignment and prevents back issues. Actually, the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable for this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure and your hips should feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy, and as an added feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on the top. These features should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel then you might want to look elsewhere.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is composed of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports on the edges of the bed, and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my recommendations based on body type and age, sleeping positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end choices in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam and their comfort varies widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the best memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these beds. Look over the best latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers overnight! Some of the best adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of the best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost consider looking at the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1,000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest a Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be important for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our list of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a glance at top soft mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed with extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website for best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples, as well as beds that have impressive edge support, cooling options, and other needs that couples may take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Slatted Platform Bed FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your own budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the lifespan of an old mattress for several months by putting on a mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to look over its warranty. This can also give you a good idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
The majority of people with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight overnight and can ease some of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider selection, they can always look through our list of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be ideal for those who sleep on their sides especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Slatted Platform Bed