You’re looking for a new mattress but don’t know where to begin. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Sitting Up In Bed
Remember that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we kept a wide range of different categories when making our top picks. Our hope is that most folks should be able to discover not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each bed, we’d like to share a little bit about the method we used to select the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab, running every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score based on materials as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress listed here is rated 4/5 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those expensive models, but at an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel , which is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers will be the most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to switch positions on any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one (or both) are a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top recognizable names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two people. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a serious relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed of 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the hips and shoulders.
In addition the Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model and most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for them. All models have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling latex-like foam in the cushion layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over), then you need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out to the end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the region) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness it is a Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from the comfort layer of memory foam filled by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on Bear Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure at low back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses the combination with memory foam and poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. At the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist in the process of getting it in your home (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that will help keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. The mattress has cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is known for their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority mattress models. Also made with the Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
For feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine within a balanced alignment and avoids back problems. In fact, the support is so sturdy that it might also be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only option to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and give you some relief from pressure while your hips are supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel up over the top. All of these traits should assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a receptive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to consider a different bed.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up on the edges of the bed, and also the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on the type of body and age, sleeping positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support and their comfort differs widely. Check out the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the most comfortable memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these beds. Check out the top latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! Some of the top adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price, take a look at the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under 1,000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for a Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our list of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a look at the top soft mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) require a mattress that offers extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress for your body type go to our site for top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for seniors to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleep needs, too! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool options and other requirements that couples could take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Sitting Up In Bed FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the life of an old mattress for a few months by putting on the mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to look over its warranty. This will also provide you with a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight overnight and can ease some of the discomfort. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger choice, go through our selection of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses listed here should be a great match for side sleepers especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Sitting Up In Bed