You’re looking for a new mattress, but have no idea what to look for. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Side Sleepers
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what works for one person may not work for another.
We kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while making our top picks. We hope that the majority of users will be able find not just the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds We’d like to talk an overview of the method we used to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress in this list is rated 4/5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of expensive models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feeling that is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers will be the most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to change positions on any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or both of you are the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top well-known brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 persons. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. You can also look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example, the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a powerful quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is made with 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. You should also feel intense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the structure which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model and most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for them. All of the options have strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings on to customers. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that will comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support permitting you to spread all the way to the edge in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale it is a Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with a comfort layer of memory foam that’s infused by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow and might help in the recovery process. This makes the Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle in the Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain at low back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of the combination of memory foam, poly foam, with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll feel a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat the way the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be beneficial to assist in the process of the move into your home (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that will keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is famous by the “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority mattress models. Also made with a Phase Change Material, it helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might want to use a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping the spine healthy position and helps prevent back pain. Actually, the support is so sturdy that it might also be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only suitable position that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and allow you to get some relief from pressure and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on the top. These features should assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel then you might want to reconsider your options.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are made to keep the user cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up the sides of the bed as well as the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based on your body type, age, sleep posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They often are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support, and their feel differs widely. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the best memory foam mattresses to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these beds. Check out the best latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers overnight! The top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under $1000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for a mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to look at the most comfortable mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed that provides an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress for your body type check out our website for top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older adults to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique sleeping needs as well! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas including beds with impressive edges, cool features and other requirements that couples might be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Side Sleepers FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of an old mattress for several months by adding the mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty, which will give you an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for them. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease many of the discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider selection, they can always go through our selection of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses on this list should be ideal for those who sleep on their sides, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Side Sleepers