You’re looking for a new mattress, but aren’t sure what to look for. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Side Sleepers With Neck Problems
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
We made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while we made our top picks. We hope that the majority of people will be able to discover not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds, we’d like to share an overview of how we came to select the beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab, putting each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress in this list has an overall score of 4/5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those costly models, but for lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feel , which is an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be the most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions, while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to quickly shift positions with any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only downside to its springy nature is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or both of you are an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top well-known names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams, providing adequate support for 2 people. This also causes some bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain with a significant comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed by using 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm option and most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for their preferences. All of the options have strong edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has an naturally cool, similar to latex in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings on to customers. This means that the Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over), then you need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale it is a Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a shape from the comfortable layer of memory foam filled by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow, which could help in recovering. It makes Bear an ideal choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl up on the Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain at their lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses a tandem of memory foam, poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. At the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat like traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to help you with the move into your house (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam, which as well as being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover for some mattress models. Also made with a Phase Change Material, it assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, so you may want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping the spine neutral alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is so robust that it could be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only suitable position to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, while your hips still feel supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and, as an additional bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on over the top. All of these features will help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel then you might want to reconsider your options.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support on the edges of the mattress, and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based on your body type and age, sleeping posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end alternatives in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach and combo sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling differs widely. Check out the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the top mattress made of memory foam to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with green Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these beds. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers throughout the night! The top adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price consider looking at the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under $1000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with one of the following: Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our roundup of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a look at the most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that offers an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress for your body type check out our website to find the top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for older people to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas including mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling options and other requirements that couples might be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Side Sleepers With Neck Problems FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress several months by putting on a mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to check its warranty. This will give you an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for their back. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight throughout the night and can ease many of the discomfort. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive choice, look through our list of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Side Sleepers With Neck Problems