So you’re in the market of a mattress, but have no idea what to look for. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Side Sleepers With Neck And Back Pain
Keep in mind that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things from their bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while making our top choices. Our goal is that all folks should be able to get not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each of these beds We’d like to talk some details about how we came to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses, running every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score based on materials as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also take into account brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models while those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 persons. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. It’s also possible to look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a powerful quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is built with 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the hips and shoulders.
In addition the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the mattress, making it a great option for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm option and most couples will be able to find the right bed for their preferences. All models have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit more body heat than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This makes the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that will comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread until the edge in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support from its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the area) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s filled by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow and might help in recovering. It makes Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl in the Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain in their lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses a tandem with memory foam and poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top bed. In addition they’ll receive a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
The memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to help you with getting it in your house (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that can help cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology to draw body heat away from sleepers.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the touch. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known for the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many their mattresses. Also made with the Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it neat and secure.
In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine in a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. Actually, the support is so solid that it can be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only option for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and allow you to get some relief from pressure while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and, as an additional feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. These features should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to reconsider your options.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is composed of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up the sides of the bed, as well as the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my recommendations based on the type of body and age, sleeping posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end alternatives in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam, and their feel differs widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the best memory foam mattresses to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these beds. Look over the best latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! Some of the most comfortable adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of the best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our best mattresses under $1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is crucial for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our list of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to look at the top soft mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) require a mattress with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the right mattress that suits your body go to our site to find the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleep needs, too! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas and beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling options and other requirements that couples could consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex should browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Side Sleepers With Neck And Back Pain FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your own budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found in every price range! A budget mattress is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the life of an old mattress for a few months by adding a mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to check its warranty, which will give you a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate many of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. With that in mind, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive choice, check out our roundup of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses on this list should be ideal for side sleepers, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Side Sleepers With Neck And Back Pain