You’re looking for a new mattress, but have no idea where to begin. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Side Sleepers With Lower Back Pain Australia
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
We kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top choices. We hope that the majority of users will be able discover not only”the “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each bed We’d like to talk an overview of how we came to choose them.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab, running each one through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those costly models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model, while side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to easily change positions on any model, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one or both of you is an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most notable brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 people. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a serious comfort punch without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is made with 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for side sleepers. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the shoulders and hips.
However, the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for their preferences. Each of them has strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This is what makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that will adequately support you. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out all the way to the edge to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale it is a Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with a comfort layer of memory foam that’s filled by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow, which could help in recovering. The Bear a great fit for those who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up on your Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure in low back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll receive a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to help you with the move into your house (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will help keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is known as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover for some of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material which assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, and you might want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping the spine healthy alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel on over the top. These features should aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling then you might want to look elsewhere.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide a mixture of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that supports on the edges of the bed, and also the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based on the type of body as well as age, sleep posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end options in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support and their comfort is different. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a favored kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the best mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these beds. Look over the top latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper all night! A few of the best adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the the best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost check out the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our best mattresses under $1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest a Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is crucial for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our list of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to glance at most comfortable mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress that provides an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose the right mattress for your body type, visit our page to find the the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older people to find one that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique sleeping needs as well! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling features and other requirements that couples might take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Side Sleepers With Lower Back Pain Australia FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for several months by adding a mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to check its warranty, which will also provide you with an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is best for them. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate a lot of back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive selection, they can always check out our roundup of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for those who sleep on their sides particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Side Sleepers With Lower Back Pain Australia